A step by step guide on how to pair your phone to the SM11W wifi smoke alarm via Smart Life app.
This guide describes the steps to pair your wifi smoke alarm (SM11W) with your mobile phone via Smart Life App. Please follow them closely.
You will need the following:
- to be at your installation location with your WiFi enabled to do the pairing
- the wifi smoke alarm SM11W
- your mobile phone (Android or Apple)
- Smart Life App
We recommend you to read through the guide first to get a brief understanding before commencing the pairing. Please pay attention to the parts with this icon and bold in red.
We also have a video for your reference. You can scroll slightly down to refer to the text guide version.
- Download & install the app SMART LIFE onto your mobile phone. Follow the instructions in the app to setup your account / profile.
- Ensure your mobile phone is connected to your home WiFi and with Bluetooth enabled / turned on.
- Press & hold the surface of smoke alarm (also the test/silence button) for about 10 seconds. You should hear a loud beep and see a single red LED flash. If you didn’t hear / see, repeat this step.
- Press the test/silence button 4 times quickly to enter pairing. You should see the red LED blinking continuously (the LED will turn to flashing green after a while).
- Return to app SMART LIFE and select Home.
- Click to add a new device.
- Select Add Device.
- Go to category Sensors.
- Select Sensor (Wi-Fi) under Sensor category,
- Your Wi-Fi SSID (Wi-Fi name) should auto show up. Enter your Wi-Fi password and click Next.
- Please note that you must connect to the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network or the pairing will fail.
- Most modern routers will have both 5GHz and 2.4GHz Wi-Fi networks. It is highly recommended to have different Wi-Fi names for both networks so that you can accurately choose the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network name. Please consult your router manual on how to give different Wi-Fi names.
- If your router auto combines the 5GHz and 2,4GHz Wi-Fi networks together as a single Wi-Fi name, you may not be to pair successfully.
- This is a limitation of today’s Wi-Fi technologies with SMART LIFE and not a limitation of our smoke detector.
- You should see the LED blinking green quickly by now.
- Select Blink Quickly.
- Click Confirm the indicator is blinking rapidly.
- Pairing initiates. Be patient. It may take more than ONE minute for the pairing.
- You will see the following screen if pairing is successful.
- You will be returned to app home screen. You should now see your paired wifi smoke alarm in the home screen.
If Pairing Fails
- repeat step 4 to step 15
- ensure the Wi-Fi network you are using to do pairing is on your 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network